Greetings and happy Friday! Saw the following on my favorite site - Seabreeze.com.au - from DJ. He writes...
" Many people that I know think a downwinder is like a race.. (and for some it is).. But for me it's like a bush walk.. On a bush walk you don't run as fast as you can to try and get to the end the quickest.. You take it easy.. Stop and enjoy the view every now and then.. and as you can see in my DW vids I don't really like to paddle all that much..
Sometimes if you just paddle when you have to.. and not paddle for runners you probably won't catch.. You will often go just as fast as those that paddle non stop.. I often go to take a stroke and then think.. Hang on.. Don't take that stroke.. because you don't need to..
DJ"
Here's the link to the thread and his video - http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Stand-Up-Paddle/SUP/Its-not-a-race-downwinder/.
Made it for a short one today. Not too bad. I will address cold weather outfitting next week. Have a great weekend!
![]() |
| Empty creek - snow birds are all heading south! |
![]() |
| Late fall sky on Weems |


No comments:
Post a Comment