Friday, January 11, 2013

Clear Water

Greetings to all.  Lunchtime paddle yesterday in the sun and 'warmth.'  One of the great things about paddling in winter, besides having Creek and the river to myself (mostly), is how clear the water seems to get.  Now there may or may not be an oceanographic reason but the water appears cleaner and clearer than during the summer months.  The water is colder - I found out first hand yesterday.  Coming back around Priest Point my skeg found a branch that I overlooked as I was cutting the corner.  I can tell you that stops you pretty quickly and effectively!  Fortunately the water was only a foot or so deep but was still refreshing! Btw water temp 41F...brrr.  As it turns out my wet suit outfit worked well and paddling home kept me warm.  Clear water pic below.

Also our friend Casso from Sydney commented that they are in a heat wave downunder - 107F - as he noted BIG difference!  Below is a pic of Casso riding his DEEP in the heat - is that Longy Casso?

Cool and clear at Priest Point

Casso riding in the heat of Sydney



Think warm and see of you on the Creek!

1 comment: