Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Greetings to all!  A bit since the last post but wanted to get some pics on the board - you might say the view from 6 and half feet up.  The last week or so has been pretty great for paddling.  Some flat water, cooler temps and an occasional breeze for some downwinders - had a great run on the weekend to Davis' on Back Creek!  Leaves are just beginning to turn though I am I confident the best is yet to come. 

Over the last several weeks Weems Creek has seen the Boat Show refugees come and go and many of our visitors are setting sail for warmer climes.  But as fall settles in and the sailors head south, amazingly, we have some jellies that are hanging around a bit surprising since the water temps are falling.  Makes for a bracing swim!   Life is still thriving on the Creek - kayakers, boaters, paddlers, ducks, cormorants, herons and a turtle or tow.  Lots of company on a paddle.

It is a great time to be out so hopefully I'll see you on the Creek!



Morning Reflections
                                                                              
Luce Creek Smoke
                                                                 
Severn's lone paddler
                                                                          
Sunday morning workout
                                                                          
Boat Show Refugees
                                                                              
                                                                                   
               
                              The Red Balloon  (yes, I rescued it)
Boat Show fun - pretty cool
                                                                            
Really?

Thunderhead beyond Weems
                                                                                   
Lunchtime
                                                                                             
Turtle's Creek
                                                                                                 
South River Sunset - how'd that get in here?
                                                                     
Pollster
                                                                                       
Campaign hits the Creek
                                                                       


See you on the Creek!


No comments:

Post a Comment